IM Vitamin Injections
Intramuscular vitamin injections administered directly into the muscle are more effective than oral vitamins alone due to increased absorption. Including vitamins in any wellness regimen will help to promote balance, rejuvenation, and vibrancy.
Why Get an Intramuscular Vitamin Injection?
Studies show that many of us are deficient in a number of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin shots are a great way to get yourself back on track. Vitamin absorption through the bloodstream can be more efficiently utilized by the body, whether by injection into a muscle or infusion directly into the bloodstream. Absorption through your digestive system, while also very effective is slower and often requires more frequent dosage. VIVA Wellness offers all three options—IM Vitamin Injections, IV Vitamin Infusions, and Vitamin Supplements.
IM Vitamin Injections are great for those with busy schedules who want to be in and out in 15 minutes or less. You may receive more than one IM injection per day, which will be administered in different injection sites. If you have questions about which injections pair well together toward addressing your goals, please call or text before booking.
What to Expect When Getting an IM Vitamin Injection
After checking in for your appointment, the nurse will take you into an office for privacy. Some injections that are smaller in volume can be given in the arm or deltoid muscle, however, large volume injections like our metabolism booster must be given in a larger muscle such as the dorsogluteal site located on the outer aspect of your buttocks near your hip. Rest assured all of our nurses are professional and have cared for a wide array of people in the hospital setting for a number of years before transitioning to VIVA Wellness. Your comfort and privacy is of utmost importance. We will get you into a comfortable position with the injection site exposed.
Next, the area will be cleaned with alcohol prep and then numbed with an ethyl alcohol spray which feels cold and tingly! Our hope is that you feel as little discomfort as possible. Some clients describe a pinch or dull ache upon injection. Afterwards, we’ll hold pressure and apply a bandage per your preference. That’s it! You can receive more than one IM injection in the same visit, but we’ll have to rotate sites to promote best absorption of the vitamin components. We recommend gently massaging the site if you notice any sensation, but there is no additional aftercare needed. If you have questions or concerns, our nurses would be happy to address them!
Please notify us of any prescription or over the counter drugs you may be taking upon scheduling or before your visit.
Some of our more popular IM Vitamin Shots:
Tier 1 Injections
- Vitamin B12: Energy metabolism, mood, and blood health
- B-Complex: Energy, stress, metabolism, and immune support
- CoQ10: Enhances physical performance and recovery, metabolism and weight loss, lymphatic drainage, immunity, memory, heart health, PCOS, and more! Learn more.
- L-Glutamine: Helps with muscle soreness and recovery, improves gastrointestinal and immune function, may help with leaky gut and ulcers, supports brain health (addiction, anxiety depression, Alzheimer's, seizure disorders, and more), promotes muscle growth, supports metabolic and heart health, great as a chemotherapy adjunct to support gut lining permeability.
- L-Carnitine*: A powerful tool for muscle recovery and building, improves oxygenation to the muscles, increases stamina, and facilitates fat loss. Offers anti-diabetic and cardiac health effects. Supports brain health, specifically in cases of Alzheimer’s. Also available as a high-dose option.
- Amino Acid: Cell volumizing, strengthens connective tissue, improves fat metabolism and reduces recovery time. Supports nitric oxide production and anti-catabolism.
Tier 2 Injections
- Metabolism Booster: A blend of essential B vitamins with MIC (amino acids methionine, inositol, and choline) help the liver process fat more effectively, increase energy, and aid in stress management.
- Vitamin D3: bone, joint, cardiovascular, and metabolism health. Pair a Vitamin D3 injection with any of our IV Infusions for a healthy boost! This is given as an injection because it must be mixed in an oil for better bioavailability. Only $20 when added to an IV Vitamin Infusion appointment.
- Glutathione: brightens skin, promotes collagen, detoxifies liver, and strengthens hair, skin, and nails.
- Ketorolac*: Short-term pain relief (NSAID) that can be used for everything from migraines, to acute pain, etc. but do pose risks, as all NSAIDS do, and are contraindicated during pregnancy. Full risks here.
- Zofran / Ondansetron*: Combat nausea, hangover symptoms, and chemotherapy or pregnancy-induced nausea.
A formula listed with an asterisk * indicates that this is available per the discretion of our Nurse Practitioners who are looking at whether you have any risk factors that would make this not the best idea at this time (ex: pregnant, nursing, or have certain kidney or cardiac disorders.)
Vitamin injections can help to support your overall health and wellness journey. To learn more about how vitamin injections can help you, schedule a consultation with our nurse practitioner at VIVA Wellness today.
Visit our recent blog: IV Vitamin Infusion & IM Vitamin Injection Protocols (FAQs) for more about IM Vitamin Injections and IV Vitamin Infusions.
IM Vitamin Injection Pricing
B12, B-Complex, CoQ10, L-Glutamine, Amino Acid, or L-Carnitine
Metabolism Booster, D3, Glutathione, Ketorolac, or Zofran/Ondansetron
IM Vitamin Packages
B12, B-Complex, CoQ10, L-Glutamine, Amino Acid, or L-Carnitine ($15 savings)
Metabolism Booster, D3, Glutathione, Ketorolac, or Zofran/Ondansetron ($30 savings)
B12, B-Complex, CoQ10, L-Glutamine, Amino Acid, or L-Carnitine ($50 savings)
Metabolism Booster, D3, Glutathione, Ketorolac, or Zofran/Ondansetron ($100 savings)
All purchases are paid in full at the time of booking. No refunds or transfers. We will happily reschedule your appointment if you contact us with 48hrs notice. Anything rescheduled within a 48hr window will result in the session being forfeited, and you will be charged the full amount. Additional information about our missed visit/cancellation policy.
We do get a large volume of phone calls daily. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. You may also send a text message or complete our contact form.