Colonic Safety & Experience
From our experienced and I-ACT Certified Colon Hydrotherapists to our superior equipment to our relaxing and comfortable treatment suite VIVA Wellness is the best choice for Colonics in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Safety is Our Main Concern in Colon Hydrotherapy
Any sort of service that takes place on, around, or somewhat within your body is one that you should feel fully safe and ready to experience. Colon Hydrotherapy at VIVA Wellness is completely safe and gentle. The safety of our clients is our main concern. However, due to the nature of the procedure and some less-than-credentialed providers in the industry perpetuating myths or less-than-ideal experiences, we’d love to outline a few points to ease your mind and body.
I-ACT Certified Colon Hydrotherapists
Our providers are I-ACT Certified which is earned after hundreds of hours with patients, shadowing and evaluation with a top-level trainer (16-year Colon Hydrotherapist and Naturopathic Doctor), and rigorous study, training, and examination. You can trust these colon hydrotherapists. You may also be interested to read more about I-ACT and their certification process.
Our Colon Hydrotherapy Equipment is Top-Notch
VIVA Wellness uses an Aquanet APS-100. This is an FDA-cleared machine.
It has a 3 step filtration process: This includes a pre-filter to remove sediment, an activated carbon filter to remove chlorine, and then treatment water passes through an ultraviolet sterilizer to treat any organics in the water. *If the facility you are going to does not offer filtration like this, be leery. It is extremely important when using water internally it is the highest level of filtration and sterilization, the point is to be detoxing, not re-toxing.
Applied Pressure Sensing Technology: During a colonoscopy (not a colonic), the medical team may use 3PSI of gas to inflate the colon, but our machine maxes out at 2PSI of water and has a sensor to shut off the water if it ever reaches that level. During a colonic we typically range between a .5 PSI and a 1 PSI, which is enough to be effective while still ensuring optimal comfort. This technology ensures there is no way to damage the colon or rupture it.
Automatic Temperature Control: During your colonic, the treatment water will be kept at a safe, comfortable 36 - 38°C (98 -100°F). In addition to increasing patient comfort, this is a safety feature that automatically shuts off water flow in the event of cold water supply failure. This way there is never a chance to burn or induce hypothermia.
The VIVA Wellness Colonic Experience
During a colonic we are constantly changing between fills and flushes. Think of this process sort of like how you kink and unkink a garden hose—you hold the water in for short amounts of time to hydrate the impacted stool, then once you feel full we will release it through the hose that feeds through the machine. Fill, flush, fill, flush. At VIVA Wellness we go one step further to ensure your comfort, the I-ACT certified Colon Hydrotherapist stays by your side during the entire colonic, constantly communicating with you, allowing you to determine when you feel full and ready to release. Of course, the colon hydrotherapist is always monitoring the machine to make sure this process is safe, but allowing our clients to determine when they are ready, helps establish the gut-brain axis for clients healing their peristalsis. And it allows clients to feel more relaxed and in control. This prevents clients from ever feeling any kind of pain or like they have been pushed too far. Clients know their bodies best and we are here to help them feel their best, honoring their experience.
Over the course of your 30-minute colonic, there is no set amount of fills and flushes: your body will let the colon hydrotherapist know throughout what is best. In between fills, the colon hydrotherapist also massages the abdomen to help your colon release more fecal matter.
Ours is the Best Colonic Experience
As we mentioned above, at VIVA we love to equip ourselves with the absolute best the market has to offer. The colonic machine we use, Aquanet APS-100 is like the Rolls Royce of colonic machines. We went above and beyond choosing the machine for clients' safety and comfort. From the high-end water quality, temperature comfort, and the machine's multiple built-in fail-safes, we wanted the best the market had to offer, so your experience would be the best available!
Additionally, because it's proven that the body reacts to the type of environment it's in, we are all about the vibes in the colonic treatment room. We strive to make it as relaxing as possible. Picture this: the lights are dim, there’s a northern lights projector on the ceiling, a vintage lava lamp to distract your senses, tranquil music playing, and in the attached bathroom relaxing lavender essential oils are being diffused while the warm light from a Himalayan salt lamp illuminates the room. Additionally, a castor oil pack, hot towels, and a heating pad are applied to your abdomen for detox purposes and to help your body relax and release.
Other questions you may not know to ask but we want you to be aware of:
- The colon hydrotherapist is in the treatment room with you the entire time.
- During the colonic the colon hydrotherapist will be giving you gut health coaching and answering any questions—you're likely to have some! We are I-ACT certified and have done well over a thousand colonics. Both colon hydrotherapists have gone through their own gut-healing journeys, so they have the life experience to empathize with where you are in your journey.
- We use single-use speculum kits. You'll never be exposed to any equipment that has touched someone else’s body or waste, which is super important!
- Very thick lube is used for maximum comfort during insertion and removal.
- Everything leaving your body is contained within the machine—you will not be pooping on yourself.
- A private bathroom is attached to our treatment room for your personal use and privacy.
- You will not experience an urgency to use the bathroom on your way home. In fact, it’s normal not to have a bowel movement for 24-48 hours after your colonic because so much is evacuated during the colonic.
- Most people share that they experienced some level of nervousness or stress before experiencing their first colonic, but were completely relieved at how relaxing it really was. One client noted, "I was really worked up in my head thinking it was going to be super crazy and it really wasn't at all. It was very relaxing."
- There are cozy and luxurious blankets that you will have draped over you for privacy and comfort during the colonic. All bedding is changed between clients and obviously laundered and sanitized.
- Each colonic is completely customized to your needs that day, as each time you come in your body may need something different. We will use different fill and flush patterns or massage different places on the abdomen per what the body is showing us and in our effort to get the exact experience you need that day.
VIVA Wellness is a Nurse Practitioner-founded boutique medical practice bridging the gap between western and alternative approaches to care. Colonics are gaining respect in the western medical community for their efficacy. This is exciting news for the more natural medicine practitioners who have seen, for many years, the profound impact colonics can have on clients' health and well-being. When controlled, regulated, and offered by I-ACT providers, rest assured colonics are safe and effective.
We do get a large volume of phone calls daily. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. You may also send a text message or complete our contact form.