How do you maintain a healthy lifestyle while you’re staying at home?
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Wisconsin began to increase, our governor issued a Safer at Home order in addition to the already in place social distancing recommendations. We, at VIVA Wellness, place the highest value on health and wellness. Read here how we have taken extra measures to ensure that our clinic remains safe. We recognize that, while there are still so many unknowns about this virus, the health and wellness of all of us is very important.
In this time of uncertainty, we must all do our best to focus on maintaining healthy behavior. Even though a “normal” routine can be difficult when we’ve been completely taken out of our “routines”, here are some ideas to stay healthy.
Stay Healthy Tips:
- Take a walk – When you are able to stay a safe distance from others, a walk around the neighborhood can get you some much-needed fresh air and exercise.
- Be cognizant of your snacking – Whether you are able to work from home or your currently off of work, the pantry is likely in close proximity. Add to that the worry and stress that naturally comes in times like these can make it easy to eat too much. Try to pay attention to what you are eating and how often. An apple with a little cinnamon on it can taste just as good as candy.
- Eat regular meals – Do your best to keep on the schedule you had before. Eat meals at the same time and don’t skip your meals. Be sure to include fruits and vegetables and lean proteins.
- Plan your trips to the market – Keep a grocery list handy in the kitchen so you can quickly add the items you are running low on. Plan your meals too. Think about what meals you’ll make for the next week (or two!) and add all the items to your list, including spices, condiments, etc. The fewer trips you need to make to the store the healthier you’ll stay.
- Forgive the occasional sweet – Remember it’s okay to cheat on your diet once in a while. The occasional “comfort meal” or dessert can be just what you need sometimes.
- Give yourself a break – These are of course unusual times. Staying home with your family and away from (or out of) work can make for lots of craziness. Make sure you take time to relax and maybe work in a little family fun.
Whether you are an existing client or someone wanting help with weight loss, VIVA Wellness can offer you telehealth services. We have the tools to offer virtual office visits via a video session that is safe and secure. If you would like to schedule a telehealth appointment, or even a free introductory consultation, please contact us today!