Lymphatic Drainage Treatment does help with weight loss in a variety of ways.
The natural lymphatic system function in our bodies protects us from pathogens, removes toxins, moves fluids throughout the body, removes cellular waste, and absorbs excess fats from our digestive system. As we discuss in our article, Lymphatic Drainage Treatment Benefits, the lymphatic system is one of the primary ways our bodies can get rid of these toxins, mutant cells, and other waste products that can lead to puffiness, swelling, cellulite, and weight gain. Lymphatic Drainage Treatment can rev up your lymphatic system significantly.
How can Lymphatic Drainage Treatment help with weight loss?
When your body is overloaded with toxins, it can be difficult to lose weight. So, even if you are following a good diet and exercise program, an underperforming lymphatic system can not only prevent you from losing weight. It can also lead to further accumulation of body fat—especially around your belly. That’s where Lymphatic Drainage Treatment can help.
Lymphatic Drainage Treatment works by releasing built-up toxins in your body and decreasing swelling and water retention. It also improves the appearance of cellulite and helps your body more naturally target fat deposits, which can be used for energy.
Are there additional benefits to Lymphatic Drainage Treatment?
There are many. According to Medical News Today and PubMed, “The lymphatic system is a network of vessels, nodes, and ducts that collect and circulate excess fluid in the body. There are 500–600 lymph nodes throughout the body. These nodes swell in response to infection due to a buildup of lymph fluid, bacteria, or other organisms and immune system cells. The lymphatic system is part of the immune system. It also maintains fluid balance and plays a role in absorbing fats and fat-soluble nutrients.”
So, when the lymphatic system is clogged and burdened with the job of eliminating too many toxins your natural immune system can be compromised. This can make you more susceptible to disease and lead to other health issues. In addition to supporting your immune system, Lymphatic Drainage Treatment can:
- Decrease Water Retention – Approximately 70 percent of your body is made up of water. When this water and fluid accumulate in certain tissues or body cavities you’ll have water retention. Common symptoms of water retention are swelling in your feet, ankles, and hands, stiff joints, and weight gain. Water retention slows down your lymph system.
- Increase Your Metabolism – A higher metabolic rate will help you burn more fat in your body all day long, even when you are resting. A healthy lymph system can rev up your metabolism so you can burn more fat and even avoid weight gain.
- Support Proper Liver & Kidney Function – When your liver and kidneys are functioning properly, they can support the body in burning fat and more efficiently eliminate the excess fluids, toxins, and waste.
- Reduce Cellulite – Cellulite in body tissue is caused by excess fat between the connective tissues just underneath the skin. A healthy lymphatic system helps to break up these deposits. It can not only reduce the appearance of existing cellulite but can help prevent it if you keep up a healthy lifestyle.
- Improve the Elasticity of Your Skin – New cell growth and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles are both a product of a healthy circulation system. The lymphatic system helps to remove fluid and waste in the body that can hamper your entire body’s circulation. This in turn can improve the tightness and elasticity of your skin.
You will see the results of Lymphatic Drainage Treatment for weight loss immediately.
Generally, Lymphatic Drainage Treatment is an efficient, effective, and convenient way of losing weight without worrying about side effects or pain and discomfort. But, like almost any other weight loss method, it isn’t a magic pill. Lymphatic Drainage Treatment works best as part of a well-rounded weight loss program. You’ll also need to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
If you think you might benefit from Lymphatic Drainage Treatment, schedule an appointment. Our clients tell us they tend to feel more energetic and alive afterward. This is likely due to the benefit of increased circulation and immediate reduction in water weight.
Help with weight loss and better overall health is the reason why most of our clients come to VIVA Wellness clinic. Each of the services we provide, including Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, is geared toward helping you look and feel better.